28 Oct 5 reasons to start eating kale
Kale has recently grown in popularity among health professionals and food enthusiasts alike. The leafy green not only lends itself to many methods of preparation, but it's also packed with healthy benefits. Check out these five reasons why you should add kale to your next meal.
1. It's dense with nutrients
While a cup of kale only contains 33 calories, it's full of important nutrients. According to the Huffington Post, this small amount contains 684 percent of your recommended daily amount of vitamin K, 206 percent your RDA of vitamin A and 134 percent of your daily vitamin C needs, in addition to being high in protein for a leafy green food.
2. It strengthens your immune system
According to VegKitchen, kale's many nutrients make it a great way to boost your body's natural disease fighting defenses. It even contains more iron than beef, which makes it an excellent choice for people who are anemic, vegetarian or vegan.
3. It's great for detoxifying the body
Since the green is full of sulfur and fiber, it's a great way to remove toxins from the body and maintain liver health, according to Mind Body Green. It also aids in weight loss – the high levels of vitamin C work to boost your metabolism while hydrating you, noted VegKitchen.
4. It benefits your skin, hair, nails and eyes
The omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids found in kale work to improve not only your skin, hair and nail health but also their appearance, noted VegKitchen. The super-food also contains plenty of vitamin A to protect your retinas from visual disorders.
5. It's an anti-inflammatory food
Kale is a great choice for people suffering from joint pain, noted VegKitchen. It's full of healthy omega-3 fatty acids that reduce bodily inflammation and vitamin C that can help with muscle stiffness.
Omega-3 fatty acids, which are a vital part of any healthy diet, can also be consumed through a supplement. When you're looking for a top quality omega-3 product to boost your wellness, choose Omax3. While other products contain only 30-40 percent concentrated omega-3, this premium supplement provides you with 91 percent. It's the indisputable choice for ultimate human performance.
- Kale is a great way to boost the health of your meals.
- It's dense with nutrients, strengthens your immune system, detoxifies the body, benefits your skin, hair, nails and eyes and is an anti-inflammatory food.
- In addition to eating kale, you can get anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids by taking the premium supplement Omax3.